The first look in this A/W Beauty series is this bold winged liner look as seen at Anna Sui. The look was worn by all the models at the designers Fall 2013 New York Fashion Week catwalk show, you can see some images of backstage here.
This trend is going to be huge this Autumn because it’s quite a simple look and pretty much anyone can pull it off.
- Keep skin looking natural and glowy.
- Go for barely there lips, maybe just some lip balm.
- Cheeks should be kept neutral.
- Clean lines are important.
How to achieve this look:
1. Apply a sheer glowy foundation to the skin, I used Dr Jart Regenerating BB Cream.
2. Conceal any imperfections and brighten up the under-eye area.
3. Apply a subtle contour to the cheek bones and it you’re pale like me add a tiny bit of natural blush, I used MAC Melba.
4. Apply your liner, first along the upper lash line, then winging it out about 1 cm. I used a liquid liner pen for this as I find it much easier to work with. Check your eyes are even and clean up any mistakes using a wet cotton bud.
5. On the lower lashline dab some black kohl pencil below the eye, this doesn’t need to be neat – it looks better when it’s messy. Clean up any liner that is on the waterline, this should be kept natural to make the eyes appear larger.
6. Add a couple of coats of mascara and you’re good to go. You could also add some lashes to the upper and lower lash line but I am rubbish at applying them.
Will you be trying out this look?
How do you think I did?
*Image Credit: GoRunway*