Engagement Tea Party – Saturday 19th September 2015 Last Saturday we held our engagement party at our house, we spent the day with around ...
How gorgeous is the packaging on this baby? It’s truly stunning and therefore a must for any woman’s dressing table. And not only does it look pretty, it smells amazing too. A delicate peony based, fruity number Clair de Rose is perfect for women both young and old and those who like fruity or floral fragrances. The scent is very easy to wear and I’ve been wearing it as my go-to daytime fragrance for about a month or so now and I really like how the scent lingers throughout the day and changes in different environments. I particularly enjoy the scent of peony and this does not disappoint, the vanilla in Clair de Rose takes away some of the heaviness of the floral notes and leaves a lovely gourmand fragrance behind. Perfect.
Still looking for that perfect gift for Valentine’s Day? How about taking your other half down to The Troxy to experience Future Cinema’s ‘production’ of Casablanca? The folk behind Secret Cinema are back to bring the classic tale of love, adventure and exile to life.
Future Cinema invites audiences to step inside the world of Casablanca as the Troxy is transformed into the most exclusive night-spot in town, and join Rick and Ilsa on this whirlwind of mystery, romance and espionage. Gather around Sam’s Piano and join in the chorus of the Marseillaise, dance to Benoit Viellefon and his Orchestra, dine at the Blue Parrot Café with food by acclaimed Spanish/North African London restaurant Moro, search for secret bars and discover secret bands, explore the vivid and wild Casablanca and re-live the story as never before.
How fun does that sound? Tickets are all sold out for tomorrow night but there are still some available. I am going down on Sunday for the Matinee with the boyfriend and I’m so excited to get all dolled up 40s style and play the part of Annabale from Hungary. I will be live-tweeting whilst I’m there so be sure to follow me on twitter and instagram, and I will definitely be blogging about it some time next week.
Tickets are available from here if you fancy it?
If you can’t afford the amazing NEOM body scrub that I featured last night, why not make your own? It’s super easy – if I can do it, you can.
You will need:
- 400g golden granulated sugar (I got mine form Home Bargains for 59p!)
- 50g white granulated sugar
- 200ml olive oil
- 1tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Place all of the sugar and vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl
- Slowly add the olive oil whilst mixing the sugar and vanilla extract together
- If your mixture is looking a bit too dry add a little more oil; if it’s looking too wet add a bit more of the golden sugar
- If you want your scrub to be more scrubby (technical term) add a little more of the white sugar
- Test your scrub on the back of your hand to see if you need to alter it
- When you’re happy with your scrub scoop it into a pretty jar and tart it up with a bit of ribbon!
There we have it, the perfect gift for your lover or for yourself! I tried mine out last night and it’s actually quite good! I think I need to add a little more oil though as it’s a bit dry.
Let me know if you give this a go!
Would you rather make your own scrub or buy one?
If you’re looking for a way to pamper yourself before Valentine’s Day this is it. The NEOM Real Luxury Organic Body Scrub is full of amazing organic ingredients (97%) such as Sugar, Jojoba and Vitamin E that really pack a punch in the scrubbing department – the skin on my arms have never felt so smooth as when I was trying this out. The scent is incredible, Lavender, Jasmine and Brazilian Rosewood are the perfect trio for a luxurious pamper session – the scent is grown up but so soothing and relaxing that it wasn’t too much (I normally find that grown up scents make me a bit headachey – none of that here!).
So, if you fancy treating yourself for Valentine’s Day I’d really recommend this body scrub as it is truly amazing and the best body scrub I’ve ever used. It’s worth every penny. If you’re a boy reading this (hello!) I’m sure you’re lady friend would appreciate a jar of this little beauty for V-Day too!
Are you a body scrub fan? What’s your favourite?
Application: 1 coat! Fully opaque in one coat – amazing! The polish dried pretty quickly too and although the brush is thinner than I like it made it quite easy to apply. I love the shininess of the polish too, looks almost gel-like.
Lasting Power: Minor tipwear after a week.
Removal: Easy to remove
Would I re-apply it? Yes, and I’m going to when I remove it! Loving having pink nails lately.
What’s on your nails this week?
Shock! Horror! It’s true my friends for the entire month of January (some of December and this much of February too) I managed to go completely cold turkey with the make-up purchasing. Not one item was bought. I’m so proud of myself. Although I wasn’t actively trying to curb my spending habits I seem to have cured myself, I got paid on Thursday and I’ve been to Boots, Superdrug and Debenhams and couldn’t find anything that I really wanted to buy. I’m as surprised as you, my friends, this is the girl that frequently popped into Boots for Paracetamol and walked out with £50 of cosmetics.
So how did I do it?
I got a boyfriend. My priorities have changed completely; before I was filling the boyfriend shaped hole in my life with make-up. Now I have one, I’ve realised that spending the majority of my wages on new mascaras or lipsticks was a bit unnecessary and totally irresponsible. I’m now enjoying spending my money on adventures and spending time outside of my bedroom in the real world.
How can you cure yourself?
It wasn’t just the boyfriend that made the difference, I had no money at all in my bank during January – working in Education (possibly other sectors too?) means that the December pay day is early, instead of at the end of the month it comes a couple of weeks early – this is terrible if you fail at budgeting. So I’ve really had no choice in the matter. No money means no luxury purchases, I think I only spent about £50 for the entire month including my phone bill et al.
I’ve learned a lot about myself over the last month and I’ve learned a lot about the way that I spend my money, here are some tips with how you can try to cut back on your beauty spending:
- Try to avoid online browsing – especially when you’re bored or have a lot of time to waste (these are my weakest moments!)
- I separated myself from the beauty blogging world for a few weeks and found this really gave me time to evaluate my needs vs desires. (Catch up with your favourite bloggers on Twitter to stay in the loop!)
- Ignore the beauty aisles – ignore the shops completely if you’re going cold turkey.
- Have a sort through your make-up and find some hidden gems that you’d forgotten about.
- Find a boy to distract you…. (If you’ve already got one why not go out on a date with the money you’re saving from not spending on make-up?)
- Don’t be too hard on yourself, I didn’t impose a strict ‘Spending Ban’ I actually allowed myself one product per month this year and I’m yet to buy January’s. I think by not being strict I allowed myself to forget about make-up completely whereas on a ban I’m always thinking about things to buy when it’s over!
- Create a wishlist of all the things you wanted to buy and then look at this at the end of the week/month and see how many of those things you still want.
Hope this post was a little bit helpful, I’m always available on Twitter/Email for a chat if you want to talk about finding the cure!
I asked my lovely boyfriend to help us out today, he’s here to tell you what boys want for V Day, he assures me that none of these are hints though… If he’s nice he might be allowed to grace these hallowed grounds with his boy voice again.
2) Dredd 3D (Blu Ray/DVD) One of the most underrated films of last year, probably my favourite of the comic book films out last year.
3) A gig ticket, I go to loads of gigs throughout the course of the year, and there isn't a better gift than a gig ticket, Gallows @ Stoke Sugarmill was my favourite gig gift ticket from last year! You have the Pure Love tour swinging by around Valentines Day also tickets for the next Enter Shikari tour have just gone up on sale.