Every year for the past three years I’ve listed my resolutions on my blog, in an attempt to stick to them. I thought I’d continue this tradition and share my hopes for 2014 with you. I’ve picked ten goals for the coming year and hopefully they should all be achievable if I make an effort with them.
- Make sure I phone my village nan once a week. I don’t get to see my ‘village nan’ much as she lives in the countryside and it’s hard to visit her often, I try to phone her once a week but last year I got a bit lazy with this. I am going to phone her once a week on the way back from visiting Mum and Gracie who I see every week anyway so this should help me to remember.
- See my Dad more. This will be tricky as there are certain members of his new family who aren’t fond of me, but really it’s not fair that I never get to see him and when I do it’s only for a little while.
- Move out. This has been on the cards for a little while now, me and my boyfriend have been collecting things for moving for a little while now. We are planning to move before June and are now on a bit of a saving mission for deposits and estate agents fees.
- Read more blogs. I pretty much stopped reading blogs this year which is ridiculous when I used to read my favourites every day. I’m going to attempt to read a few blog posts a day and leave comments on one’s that I enjoy.
- Blog better. Last year I lost my blogging mojo, I felt lost and out of the loop and found myself just blogging for the sake of it a lot of the time. I’m going to try to just blog when I feel like it in 2014 and not put too much pressure on myself to keep up with everyone else. That’s not important really is it?
- Eat more healthily. This is a big one for me, I am a really fussy eater and trying new things is tricky for me. I’m going to attempt to cut out unhealthy snacks and fizzy drinks this year in an attempt to be more healthy.
- Stop eating out so much and cook more. Related to the last point, me and my boyfriend eat out a lot and it’s really not healthy (or cost effective!). I’m going to try to cook a bit more this year and learn some new recipes. I’m also going to limit my takeaways, as we often opt for them out of laziness.
- See my best friend regularly. My best friend lives in Manchester which is quite a long way away from where I live and we don’t get to see each other often. We used to meet up once a month to go out but we’ve decided we’re too old to go out drinking like we used to. We’re going to visit new places together on our little rendez-vous this year (once the weather gets a bit better).
- Read more books. This one is always on my resolutions, over the last few years I’ve been reading less and less. I really want to start reading more, either on my Kindle or some of the actual books I’ve purchased recently.
- Buy less frivolous crap. I really struggle with my spending sometimes and I need to reign it in, especially now I’m saving to move out. I’ve got much better with buying make-up and beauty products lately so I’m going to continue that in 2014 too.
Have you decided on any resolutions this year?
Let me know if you’ve got any blog post requests for the new year and I’ll keep them in mind.